Saturday, January 21, 2012

Lemons...and not the dirty kind.

So much has happened over the last couple months that I felt the need to just get it out....

As much as I feel at times that life is shitting on me, I can't help but look around at my family and realize that although I might be having a rough patch, things could be worse. It's not as if I'm all alone or unable to do anything. I'm always awed by what my family goes through and yet still keeps trugging along.
In the past months, in perfect time for the holidays, my mom had a bout with diverticulitis and was bed ridden and uncomfortable for weeks. I was still doing my student teaching so I couldn't be home with her to help her out, which was more upsetting than it should have been, but I am used to being the one to take of her in those times. Needless to say, it was a struggle but has gotten better now.
Come Xmas eve, I was at my Gma's house helping prepare for dinner, when another mishap happened. In short, I accidentally cut my mom's hand and wound up having a fainting-spastic episode....cue first ambulance ride. Woohoo...not. Spending a couple hours in the ER on Xmas eve wasn't too bad but I wouldn't want to do it again.
Now to the current events, my sister was in the hospital for over a week. She came in with pain in her lower right side. Thinking it was appendicitis, she was admitted and they ran tests, only to find out that it wasn't her appendix. After several tests, hours upon days of theories and more doctors than I can count, it's been decided that her RSD is taking over. I can't help but worry about her. She goes through so much and seeing her in the hospital this time, in the pain she was in and all the problems that seem to keep building up for her, she just seems to never catch a break. She really looked sick this time. Not that she hasn't before when she's been in the hospital, just this time it really showed.
.
.
.
.
.
.
With everything that's happened, we came home and the house started to fall apart. Now I've lived in the same house my whole life, 23 years, so it's not like it hasn't happened before where something broke, but when I saw the house was falling apart, I mean it in the most serious terms. The electricity in the upstairs went out, the garage door broke, there was a leak coming for the wall in the garage, which turned out to be a crack in a pipe....and while these individually might not have been too bad, it all happening at once was really a punch in the gut. It's not like they were easy fixes either. The electricity was bad wiring that couldn't be fixed by resetting the breaker--no, it took a complete rewiring of the entire floor for it to work. Then the garage door springs busted, so we had to wait for new ones to be delivered; and the first attempt at putting it all back together, the springs gave out.....I know right? At first we thought the leak in the garage was coming from the washing machine, because it was right behind it, but it turned out that it was in the wall. After cutting out a four foot plank from the wall, it was finally determined that it was the pipe. The wonders of the internet helped show a quick fix for now, so it's not leaking but not completely fixed. I said it was the houses way of saying "get out", and you don't have to tell me twice.
Okay maybe you do, cause I ain't moving as of now. Moving requires money, which I don't have any, so that covers that easily. Student teaching kind of sucks you dry, since you're not able to have a job on top of your fake job; all the work with none of the pay.

Ugh, well now I feel a little bit better getting out my rambling rant on the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment