Tuesday, April 12, 2011

New Job

I've started a new job with the Inland Empire 66ers minor league baseball team. I wasn't sure what I would be getting myself into at first but I've been working here for a few weeks and I absolutely love it. The work is a little monotonous at times but the staff is amazing. I work in the box office and help sell tickets. I've been getting extra hours by coming in earlier in the day and helping out around the office. The staff is so much fun to be around and we just get along well. It was like we all clicked right away.
There are some perks to working with a minor league baseball team. I get some free tickets and meet some really interesting people. Although I will be working through the entire summer I know I am going to have fun. This seems like a job that I can come back to every summer for as long as I want to do it.
It just goes to show that when one door closes another opens. I wouldn't have been able to find this job if I was student teaching and I'm not student teaching because I couldn't pass my CSET. At first I was really upset that I was having to push my student teaching back to September but now everything is looking up.
Of all the sayings I have to say I like: "When life gives you lemons, grab some salt and tequila and have a party!"

No comments:

Post a Comment